Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Die cutting alternatives

If a sandwich recipe calls for 3-4 pieces of card for a shim, try the cardboard backing from Cuttlebug folders. It is about equal to the thickness of 3-4 pieces of standard cardstock. I keep all the backings and use them for shimming.
-Robin Willis, TPE design team

A good alternative to Paper Glide (sometimes recommended to mist your cardstock to get deeper impressions from brass stencils and texture plates): fill a mister with water and add a drop of dish washing liquid.
-Robin Willis, TPE design team

When die cutting, I use the same B plate for the cutting side of the die to hit against. If you are cutting Nestabilities or other thin dies that use the C plate, always cut to the B plate. The C plates are more expensive and harder to find, so I would rather destroy a B plate over time and keep my C plate pristine.
-Robin Willis, TPE design team

If your B plate becomes warped from using it, simply flip it over so it bows upward (like a hill rather than a valley) and it will straighten out. I tend to flip mine over each time I use it to keep it somewhat flat.
-Robin Willis, TPE design team

No comments:

Post a Comment